Strategy: Emotional Intelligence
Emotional Intelligence is the ability to identify and understand your emotions, allowing you to more effectively manage those emotions and hence your behavior. It represents the difference between average and high-performing leaders in today's business world. In fact, EI accounts for 60% of job performance, and 85% of top performers are high in Emotional Intelligence.* It gives leaders two over-arching capabilities:
- To use their emotions as "fuel" when appropriate and useful, creating motivation, inspiration, empathy and interpersonal connection, as well as an unparalleled results-focus; and
- To identify when they have emotional reactions, so that they can be withheld from decision-making and action-taking that would be unhelpful or harmful.
Emotional Intelligent managers get better results in:
- Talent management: recruitment and selection
- Performance management: coaching and giving feedback to direct reports
- Peer collaboration and teaming skills
- Influencing skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Adaptability in today's competitive markets
- Their own professional development
Our Emotional Intelligence Workshops provide highly interactive full and partial day sessions that support indicated action from our coaching and assessment work. Our key to lasting learning begins with 2-hour leader briefings to senior management that summarize each management workshop to ensure support and behavior modeling of key workshop principles by everyone in leadership.
SERVICES using Emotional Intelligence as a central concept:
* adapted from TalentSmart, Inc. EI Powerpoint